- Afina Martini Glasses Set of 4
- 1/2 C raisins + more for garnish
- 1 bottle of red wine, 750 ml
- Black Swan Champagne Glasses Set of 2
- 2 C port wine (I used 10-year aged tawny port)
- 1 C water
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks + more for garnish
Place 1/2 C raisins in a glass bowl. Pour in 1 C aquavit. Let soak for 30 minutes.
Place 1/2 C raisins in a glass bowl. Pour in 1 C aquavit. Let soak for 30 minutes.Add 1/2 C sugar to a large pot and stir in 1 C water. Heat and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.Reduce the heat and add cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom, allspice, juniper, candied ginger, andlemon peel. Simmer for 5 minutes.Pour in the aquavit-raisin mixture and the red wine. Add in the port. Bring everything to a simmer but donot let it boil! Adjust seasoning and sweetness to taste.To serve, strain the Gløggto remove the spices. Place a pinch of raisins and slivered almonds in thebottom of your serving glass. Pour in the heated Gløgg. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and a cocktail pickwith fresh cranberries and lemon peel. Serve immediately.Skål!